• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5 speed close ratio dogleg

Stu

There was some discussion the other day about the white roundie for sale, apparently with a 5 speed close ratio transmission, and how rare and expensive those trannies are.  This one just came on for sale within the last hour--BIN price is pretty good.  I bought a regular 320i 5 speed trans, and a LSD differential from this seller, all within the past 2 years, and both worked perfectly.  I also bought a LSD from this seller for a prior car, some 8 years ago, and again, it worked fine.  I have no affiliation with this seller, just wanted to pass on this sale and my experience with him.

Stu.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-2002-BMW-320i-Close-Ratio-5-speed-Transmision-/221730762961?hash=item33a02ef0d1&vxp=mtr

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

i always want to give myself a 'forehead slap' everytime i recall the time i passed on a rusted out 74tii missing the injection bits, but with an unnoticed 323i close-ratio 5 speed tranny in it.  he wanted $800 for the car, including delivery to my house; i offered $600.  he declined.

yea, it had the tii struts and brake booster and rear trailing arms....

at the time, i already had a driveway full of POS shells.

by the time i came to my senses, it was gone.

to add insult to injury, shortly after missing that deal, i reaquired a stock '75 02 which would have been a great repository for those bits...

i wouldn't be surprised if the eBay seller you identified wound up with it as that car was essentially in his 'stomping grounds'.

i guess i just 'threadjacked', big time...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Shit, I should have bought it, gloated, then offered it for sale here. . . .

Just kidding.

Oh yeah, it came with a driveshaft for a 2002 with serviceable u joints, and more.

Edited by Stu

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

Remember that this transmission is not the original 2002 5speed dogleg. To use this one you still have to knock out the tunnel to make room for the clutch slave cylinder.

Sent fra min D6603 via Tapatalk

Good point!

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)