• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Article: BMW to No Longer Supply Parts for Old BMW's

mcaden

I saw this article this morning posted here: http://bmwbuilds.com/bmw-to-no-longer-supply-parts-for-old-bmws/

Do you think this is an April fools day joke or something?

BMW To No Longer Supply Parts For Old BMW’s

By BMWbuilds | on 1st April 2015 | 0 Comments | 2,769 views

Details of a new parts policy by BMW HQ emerged this week which aims to effect all BMW’s over 7 years old.

The plan involves reducing, and ultimately eliminating parts available to old BMW’s thereby encouraging BMW owners
to buy new BMW’s more frequently.

BMW’s Head of Sales Pauline Yorlegg was quoted as saying;

“BMW make cars to last and we are very proud of the fact that 20+ year old BMW’s are still heavily active on our roads today. Such BMW owners are happily driving these old BMW’s however we have 1000’s of new BMW’s rolling off the production line every year that they wont buy and we are ultimately losing out on new sales. We had to explore all options with regards to finding a solution to this issue.”

BMW’s new plan outlines that once your BMW reaches its 7th birthday only safety components/parts such as suspension, indicator bulbs, and braking will be available from BMW for a period of one further year.

Once your BMW is over 8 years old then no further replacement parts will be available from BMW and customers are advised to visit your local dealer as soon as possible to check out the range of new BMW’s available.

A parts manager from a BMW dealership who wished to remain anonymous commented;

“I’m relieved this new policy is being introduced. Over the last few years my job had become extremely tough. These E30 and classic boys just stroll into the dealership expecting me to pull a replacement carpet from the shelf that was made over 25 years ago, you’d swear I was Houdini! I have had to take time of work due to the stress of dealing with their ‘Christmas lists’ of replacement parts which led to the breakdown of my marriage and my wife running off with an Audi parts manager.”

The above policy is not due to come into effect in 12 months from today.

BMWbuilds.com is in no way affiliated with BMW AG or any of the BMW group of companies. BMW is a registered trademark of BMW AG. The above story is in direct relation to date of publication.

Edited by mcaden

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

I saw this article this morning posted here: http://bmwbuilds.com/bmw-to-no-longer-supply-parts-for-old-bmws/

...The above story is in direct relation to date of publication.

So, yes, an April Fool's joke!

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

A parts manager from a BMW dealership who wished to remain anonymous commented; “I’m relieved this new policy is being introduced. Over the last few years my job had become extremely tough. These E30 and classic boys just stroll into the dealership expecting me to pull a replacement carpet from the shelf that was made over 25 years ago, you’d swear I was Houdini! I have had to take time of work due to the stress of dealing with their ‘Christmas lists’ of replacement parts which led to the breakdown of my marriage and my wife running off with an Audi parts manager.”

not to mention 02 owners!

Pretty obvious one this, especially with the name of the Head of Sales.

Usually, the UK BMW Concessionaires bunch do one 1st April most years, going back to the '80s.

Edited by 02Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17