• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How taboo? Changing the color from Atlantik Blue to Florida Green

danco_

I just want to know how you wet sanded that primer to look like Atlantik?  If you can do that, I think you do anything you want to the car!!  8-)

I was able to completely remove the primer using a product called Graffiti Remover sold at Home Depot. The primer on the driver's side was from an aerosol can, so it came off easily. Paint was underneath so I made that work. I sanded through to primer in a few spots, but from 15', it's not noticeable.

And I hate wet sanding. It's not fun. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

There's only room for one Florida car in the LBC...

Only one?

I know of three florida cars in the LBC at this very moment.

And I'm in the OC, so the only person I have to compete with in theory, is The Collector.

I still want a Florida car.

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

It's your car, now do what others say

don't do what anyone else wants to do or would do with their cars...do it the way you want to do it

fwiw, you'll never....ever get a consensus here, at FAQ about any modifications to a car...everyone has their own opinions about how/what/when & where things should be done

don't ask, just tell

Only one?

I know of three florida cars in the LBC at this very moment.

It was a joke....

My BMW issued 2002 Calendar is turned permanently to the page with the Florida car. With shells of several different colors, I'm torn on which to do next. -KB

Not sure where I read (or heard this) but a woman visited a car dealership asking for a certain color.  Dealer said they didn't have that particular color in stock then proceeded to tell the woman "it doesn't matter what the outside looks like since you will spend most of your time behind the wheel".    Guess that dealership didn't make a sale that day.

Ryan - do what you want to with it.  The early BMW colors are all great.  

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Did I see mid 50s on the price of that Florida.

Did I see mid 50s on the price of that Florida.

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

I love Florida....beautiful color. However comma changing the color of car is no light decision to be made....unless you've got the body on a rotisserie.

but I am biased. I think Atlantik is best color. I want an NK in Atlantik. Ever since I saw HBChris's car...I've been lusting after that color.

Edited by arminyack

• 2 months later...