• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your second (non-2002) classic car?

vairter

It's a repatriated American bird, though

Dear God, that is just wrong on so many different levels!!!

hee hee

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Knee deep in the rebuild of my '72 tii, I acquired this 1975 911.  It is a European model brought to the San Francisco Bay Area in 1984.  It has a 3.0 liter and was converted to a turbo look in Germany including a hideous blue interior sometime in the late '70's.  Lots of fun, but it is going to be a big project.

post-42667-0-18590400-1429041114_thumb.j

1972 2002tii

1975 911

2003 Tacoma

The Peugeot 104. My daily and trustworthy MPV. 

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:193]

And a 50's Monark moped in the stage of restoration. Since 2003, actually.. And a running '64 Monark moped. When it feels like it, at least. And a '59, running but in a kind of mixed parts state. Used it for fishing trips and seeing to the horses when I lived in the woods.

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

I hope HBChris doesn't mind me posting this. It just seems so right considering they are both 1971 model cars. 

9HsVgIT.jpg?1

Danco - you made me look it up.   Possibly Chianti Red?  HBChris please elaborate or I'll have to make a trip West with some Griot's detailing goodies.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/71colors/11.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

67 bug all orginal bought from the first owners family.

P1010504_zps0qa224zt.jpg

Be still my heart.  Most folks here don't know how hard it is to find an original owner 67 Beetle. That decklid alone is $$.  I see it has Euro rear lenses.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

and one more, here is the make/model/look/color of the car I learned to drive in:  1958 Morris Minor.  My dad bought it new in DEC 1957 and sold it in 1999.  All of 40hp in the 1,000cc engine, 4-speed transmission.  When he rebuilt the engine in 1968, he and one of his firehouse pals simply unbolted the engine from the motor mounts & trans and lifted it out.  Last I heard, my dad's Morris is over on the Big Island somewhere.

1958_Morris_Minor_Dodge_Viper_Yellow_Bar

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner

The 2002 is the oldest car I own.

I have 2x 80's and 2x90's bmw's.

Unfortunately for me and my wife they are all somewhat project cars.

Firstly the E24 M635csi is the most classic. I bought it needing lots to do and slowly getting through all the jobs. Still needs a full resspray and an engine build which I have collected most of the parts for.

The E23 735i is a close cousin of the 6 and it's one of my favorate cars as it's unassuming and being my only auto it's my preferred traffic car. It's a bit of a Frankenstein car had high comp engine 292 cam with flowed b35 head but it still has the std headers and very tall diff gears. It runs reasonably smoothly but would greatly benifit from an adjustable ecu like the miller war chip. There's only so much u can do with trick info up the airflow meter.

I also have a e34 540i 6spd manual which has an ESS supercharger kit. The old owner put a rater expensive set of Brembo 4 piston brakes on it also. I'm just completing a full interior dye in lotus white on it. It goes like an absalute rocket. It's probably the most finished car I have. Shortly in the future I will install a water/air Intercooler on it and lift the boost a small amount which will give it consistent power in the warmer weather.

Finally I have an e36 m3 Evo. It's been setup for track days but 4or so years ago I lunched the engine and have built up a low compression s50b32 with a vortech supercharger which is going to run about 16-18psi. The engine is complete the standalone wired in and just finishin the last bits if the supercharger bracketing. Hopefully I will get it working by the end of 2015 but I get sidetracked with other cars. I'm not sure if I will keep it as I'm growing to like te older bmw's more. Still it's going to make probably more power than the current turbocharged m5 does and weigh 1300kg so it should be fun.

1974 2002 2.2stroker, DCOE45's, 300deg cam, 5 spd, 3.91 LSD // 1984 E24 M635csi, dogleg 5spd 3.23 LSD. // 1994 E34 540i, supercharged 16psi, 6spd E85 only, 3.15 LSD // 1997 E36 M3 Evo, low comp supercharged 18psi 6spd (under construction)

Be still my heart.  Most folks here don't know how hard it is to find an original owner 67 Beetle. That decklid alone is $$.  I see it has Euro rear lenses.

Thanks! In the world of vintage VW Bug's mine is defintely a rare one.

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series