• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 72-73 tii steel wheels (Sacramento)

dang

I believe these are quite rare, as I've written previously. But I also believe that people refuse to actually read the dimensions stamped into their rims (hence the enormous number of mis-advertised rims). Thus, there may be 5" examples sitting around amidst piles of 4 1/2" rims!

I was trying to complete a set about three years ago. I stopped at Strictly German, in Braselton, Georgia. They weren't aware they had ANY of the 5" rims but said I was free to search the yard. I must have found and examined 50 of the old steel rims: on cars, strewn about, buried in mud. Sure enough, a mostly parted-out non-tii had two rims still mounted, and one of the pair was a 5" tii rim, which I immediately bought.

Fast forward to last June, when I purchased 2762757. It came with only 4 rims, all 5" rims appropriately dated for the car's date of manufacture. But it was a set of the quite-rare Kronprinz rims seen occasionally on rounds taillights ("quite rare" doesn't make them valuable). Sure enough, that single tii rim I found at Strictly German was a Kronprinz, and it's now a spare for 2762757!

Good luck with your search: they're out there!

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Hi, Not sure what you are trying to find, I have a set of 5" steel as well as one that is a 51/2 steel and do you have a pic to define. Thanks Jim

""

Right or wrong, I assumed, with my response, that he's looking for the only steel rim that warrants the "tii" adjective, those used on all 2002ti's and 2002tii's manufactured from '69 through July '73, as shown below.

Either Lemmerz, model 1344 (first photo), or Kronprinz, model 5448 A (second photo).

I would guess that a recent thread brought this to the OP's attention once again:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/164511-are-these-wheels-a-big-deal/

Regards,

Steve

post-41123-0-63278800-1429272127_thumb.j

post-41123-0-12806300-1429272162_thumb.j

Edited by Conserv

Right or wrong, I assumed, with my response, that he's looking for the only steel rim that warrants the "tii" adjective, those used on all 2002ti's and 2002tii's manufactured from '69 through July '73, as below.

I would guess that a recent thread brought this to the OP's attention once again:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/164511-are-these-wheels-a-big-deal/

Regards,

Steve

Yes, that's what I'm looking for.  I have three round taillight tii's that all HAD steel wheels.  Somehow I ended up short at some point.  Since they are all at various stages of restoration I don't need them right away.  I also need to figure out exactly how many I need...

Yes, that's what I'm looking for.  I have three round taillight tii's that all HAD steel wheels.  Somehow I ended up short at some point.  Since they are all at various stages of restoration I don't need them right away.  I also need to figure out exactly how many I need...

Keeping track has always been my issue. After I rounded up my previously scattered steel rims, I was one rim short on my 5x13s and one rim long on my 4.5x13s. This meant one thing: either my '67 or my '70 '02 left my possession with a single 5" rim on it, entirely by accident! Oops!

Good luck,

Steve