• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

picked up a '74 2002

fresh_TD

I think I agree, the Californias look okay on a full race car, but not so much on a street rod 2002. And I like having good rearward visibility in mirrors, which is better in Baby Turbos than the Californias.

Partly I am creating the 2002 that I dreamed of when I owned my first one in the 70s and had no money or talent! And since the Schnitzer engine I wanted then is now complete unobtanium, I will put in my M42 to sort of have the twin cam 2002 I wanted then.

just a quick update, I took off the intake manifold a couple of days ago so I can start mocking up the new aluminum intake flange for fuel injection conversion. I noticed that my #4 intake valve had a significant amount of carbon build up on the back side of the valve.. someone on here(mlytle), mentioned the my master cylinder is possibly bad and leaking brake fluid into the booster and vacuum hose is sucking it in the the engine, easy fix. Today I started mocking the intake flange.... few pics below (rough draft)

16726859144_c66edd1176.jpg20150502_114159 by bluebelt00, on Flickr

16726858854_c0dd329f76.jpg20150502_144254 by bluebelt00, on Flickr

17348973101_25cc1a81be.jpg20150502_150628 by bluebelt00, on Flickr

Manny

also, now would be a good time to upgrade your starter to a lightweight s14 starter. double the power, almost half the weight.

Yes I need to order one of those starters :-)

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

Manny