• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND!!! WTB or WTT: 5x13 OEM Steel "tii" Rim (Kronprinz), 10/72 or Earlier

Conserv

This is, like most of my WTB requests, a long shot.

I'm looking for a single Kronprinz-manufactured "tii" rim, model 5448 A, identical to the rim shown in the photo below but dated October 1972 or earlier. The rim shown is dated February 1973. Note the rim's stamped-in "KP" symbol (next to the 2/73 date), identifying it as a Kronprinz rim.

Most 5x13 steel "tii" rims were manufactured by Lemmerz. I am not looking for a Lemmerz rim. My 2762757 came (to me) with only 4 rims. Moreover, those 4 are the relatively rare Kronprinz rims. I happened to already own the single Kronprinz rim shown below and it's, admittedly, a 95% solution to the missing rim issue. But a 100% solution would likely include a Kronprinz rim dated October 1972 or earlier, since 2762757 was manufactured October 1972. (The 4, likely original, Kronprinz rims are dated February and July 1972, consistent with typical original rim dating patterns.)

Just to be clear, a Kronprinz OEM rim is neither better nor worse than a Lemmerz rim. Both Kronprinz and Lemmerz were major German manufacturers of steel rims during the '02 era. Lemmerz produced most of the '02 OEM rims but, for whatever reason, I've run into Kronprinz OEM examples dating from 1967-1973.

Yes, this WTB post reveals my true nuttiness. But what better forum is there to ask for a 43-year-old '02 part? Cash for the right rim or I'd be happy to trade my February 1973 Kronprinz plus cash for that "better-dated" example.

If you require payment via Western Union, I'm not interested in your Kronprinz rim!

Thanks and regards,

Steve

post-41123-0-97796000-1429367136_thumb.j

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

• 5 months later...