• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUNDStock seat brackets

s99

They're not all the same. What year is your car? And what year are your seats?

(I ask both questions because a lack of seat rails suggests a project car, with a chassis from one source and seats from a different source.)

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

They're not all the same. What year is your car? And what year are your seats?

(I ask both questions because a lack of seat rails suggests a project car, with a chassis from one source and seats from a different source.)

Steve

Hey Steve,

Should have included more information in my post!

The car is a 1974. I currently have e21 Recaros and the adapter brackets that bolt to the stock seat rails, but sold my rails with my original seats.

-Scott

Hey Steve,

Should have included more information in my post!

The car is a 1974. I currently have e21 Recaros and the adapter brackets that bolt to the stock seat rails, but sold my rails with my original seats.

-Scott

So...Scott,

All square taillight seat rails ('74-'76) are the same, and bolt right into a '74. The previous style has a bent-over tab on the front of each slide (the part that bolts to the car's chassis) and you'll have to do some minor modifications: drilling the slide for the front bolts and some people cut off the bent-over tab. Given how plentiful square taillight seat tracks tend to be, it's probably best to focus on them.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)