• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rubbing on the back rear

kavadarci

Hi,

for the first time the other day after i got the car three of us got in the car and the back rear started to whine and felt like something is rubbing.

after i stopped i realized the back rear tire is rubbing on the side and i can see slight wear.

my question is the car is pretty high as it sits and even though the three of us are not that heavy was enough to bring the back so low to rub.

do i have busted (tired) springs, physically they look perfect?

Thank you.

post-48330-0-22170400-1429476123_thumb.j

I guess the springs could fatigue enough after 40 yrs, but I would suspect wrong offset on the wheels, or too big a tire.

What's the condition of the shocks? Are they OG?

Edited by Conway

Ryan

'75 Pastellblau "ol blue"

So we're 11 posts in, we're coming up with all kinds of potential issues, but we still haven't seen:

1. Rim size and offset (stamped or cast into the rim -- possibly on the backside)

2. Tire size (molded into the tire)

Your car came from the factory with 165/80/13 tires on 4.5x13 rims and, guaranteed, no rubbing! Since neither the rims nor tires in the photo appear to match those specs, let's at least see whether the current rims and tires are the problem.

If you want the forum to help you, you need to help the forum by providing basic information!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)