• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bleeding vw brakes

02dag

I have converted the rear brakes to vw disc brakes. I have read that I need to turn them upside down because it won't be possible to bleed them in the installed position. I am.wondering if this is really necessary, because the bleeding nipped is at the top of the caliper. Here is a picture:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfnurxuk7uqa84b/IMG_20150419_223658.JPG?dl=0

Needless to say, I have no pedal at the moment. I think the front calipers are properly bled. These are volvo calipers and I have done the upper, inner and outer procedure. I am.using a diy pressure bleeder( my compressor connected to the reservoir with only a littlebit pressure.)

I did like you said and the brakes are now bled. The only thing I am a bit worried about is a very low pedal. I have never really thought about it before but isn't this possible to adjust by lengthening the rod from the pedal to the MC?

Sent fra min D6603 via Tapatalk

is the pedal low in its static position?  (not pushing on it) 

it should be approx even with the clutch pedal.  if not, then yes, you can adjust the rod between the pedal and the booster linkage.

if it is low only when pushing it, you still have air in the brake system.

2xM3