• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Quarter window pop out hinges (chrome)

jgerock

Between receiving a set from Daron Ball and ordering the chrome outer "nuts" and rubber gaskets from BLUNT, I'm now covered.

The original set of hinges in my 69 2002 are corroded.  The outside "button" needs replacing anyway along with the tiny rubber gaskets.

I could buy new chrome ones but think they are for the later cars (different knob and hole for a plastic cover to hide the screws).

Bad picture

IMG_7002.jpg

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

try hitting them with XXX (000) steel wool! (don't use anything coarser!) Also - I've had remarkable luck using rubbing compound on chrome plated parts. Steel wool is less messy and faster. :)

Before and after, from the F Bomb.....and boy did I catch a bunch of shit, for doing this! (laughing!)

Remember: "I'm not restoring it"

post-34474-0-50275700-1429490859_thumb.j

post-34474-0-28975700-1429490869_thumb.j

Edited by wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

try hitting them with XXX (000) steel wool! (don't use anything coarser!) Also - I've had remarkable luck using rubbing compound on chrome plated parts. Steel wool is less messy and faster. :)

Before and after, from the F Bomb.....and boy did I catch a bunch of shit, for doing this! (laughing!)

Remember: "I'm not restoring it"

Paul - I tried cleaning them up with ABC Corrosion Buster gel yesterday.  They look pretty good but are still pitted on some surfaces.  Almost hate to replace them since they work so well.  They work better than the latches in my tii.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"