• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ryan (danco_)

s99

Ryan,

Sorry to hear about this.  As one "surf dude" to another, at least you didn't have your boards on the car at the time of the accident.  That's important :) Hope you get well soon.  Cars is just stuff,

John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Check out the 1600 for sale here on the General Discussion main page... Just an idea if you're looking for another. Hope you're feeling better.. Looked like a gnar hit..

76' Fjord Daily SOLD

1986 528e 5 speed Daily

"I don't have a piece of sh*t so I have to envy yours!" - Ferris Bueller

Today was an especially hard day.

How does one go from zero health problems and consider that normal, to not even being able to lift a laptop with one hand without searing chest pain, or the very act of rolling up a window causes huge pain to the point that I have to stop everything just to catch my breath? This is not how I envisioned things. 

Not to mention I live on the second floor of the house. Looking at those steps every day is like looking at the peak of Everest from base camp. Sometimes I just hobble away because I can't do it. It's such a terrible feeling not even being able to put your own shirt on because the lifting your right arm over your head puts stress on your chest. 

I hate that I have to take pain killers just to sleep. Twice  now I've tried to sleep without pain medicine only to wake up at 4am with such intense chest, head, and lower back pain. This is pain no burrito can fix. I feel like I was hit by a train.

I just had two fresh surfboards shaped for this summer surf season and the thought of trying to paddle out in my current condition terrifies me. 

Please stay safe out there. It's one thing to lose a car, but it's another thing to lose mobility of your limbs and essentially your health. Not fun. 

Having to see this is one kind of pain, but being scared to laugh because it will cause me to bend over with overwhelming chest pain; well, that's a new kind of depressing reality I didn't understand until today.

EJUGZuY.jpg?1

For whatever reason, today was tough. 

Edited by danco_

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

The reality is almost always scary it seems.. Hope tomorrow is looking brighter for you. All of us here are pulling for ya' dude.

76' Fjord Daily SOLD

1986 528e 5 speed Daily

"I don't have a piece of sh*t so I have to envy yours!" - Ferris Bueller

I feel for ya. I've encountered my share of injuries from mountain bike crashes but I think my cumulative injuries add up to everything you're dealing with all at once.

Injuries suck. Give it some time though. You'll be back on the board soon enough and this little break will make ot that much more enjoyable as you won't take it for granted. At least that's how I felt after injuries kept me off the bike for extended periods.

Rest up and dont rush it. The waves will still be there when you're recovered.

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Hi, Ryan,

I'm very sorry to hear about the discomfort and duration of your recovery. It's only been 10 days, however, and it will take longer for your body to recover: your photo of the car from yesterday really emphasized the severity of the impact. You took a bad shot.

Get well soon and completely!

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick Video update.

I went to go see the car after about a month. I have an insurance appraiser coming to take photos and begin his assessment of damage. 

He has all my receipts, records, photos, and anything that would aid in increasing the value. I received the first payout offer of which I declined, because I'm holding out for more. 

Anyways, here is a quick video for those who are curious to see a very preliminary damage assessment. 

Edited by danco_

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Ryan- so sorry to view all the damage via video. Glad you are doing better and it looks like some good parts are salvageable from the car. It still looks very shiny

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"