• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition wiring?

Utah02

I was taking apart my steering assembly to fix a short in my blinkers and I noticed 2 wires that lead to nothing. I'm just wanting help finding out where these wires should be connected to. One comes out of the side of the ignition and the other is tucked back towards the end of the column. The third picture seems to be some sort of ground maybe for the radio? That's my guess.

Thanks for the help

Utah02

post-48292-0-95101900-1429579747_thumb.j

post-48292-0-79309600-1429579791_thumb.j

post-48292-0-55434200-1429579849_thumb.j

I suspect they're from the small silver cube shaped door buzzer unit. If you've ever heard one of these, you KNOW why it was removed! Tape or shrink wrap over the ends to make sure they don't short out on anything metal, and be on your way. 

Unless you like to hear the sound of Luceille Ball and Ethel Merman singing Hank Williams Sr songs at high volume, EVERY TIME your door is open, with your key in the ignition. 

You know the note Hank Williams hits when he sings "You're cheeeeeeeeeeetin' heeeeeeaaaaaart"? Yeah. The "heart" part. That's the sound.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

You asked for it..... This was 8 days after I pulled it out of the weeds. (where it sat for 14 years) All fuel tank / fuel hoses removed / cleaned, or replaced..oil changed, etc... 

Edited by wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

I'm seriously impressed. Fourteen years? Mines been sitting in the garage for only fives years and I still cant get it running. It kicks over now but still wont run for more than five seconds.

I dont think we got door buzzers this side of the pond. I want one! Well I want one if I can get this damn car to run! 

02tii 2751928 (2582)

More on the F Bomb...before, during, and after documentation.

Lots of tips here on the FAQ for you, regarding fuel delivery issues on stored cars. If yours is a tii, get that fuel tank spotless before the gunk in it damages your injection pump. 

Sounds like the cold start injector is squirting in fuel, but the pump isn't delivering fuel, afterward. pull the plastic cover and inspect the belt - ie: make sure the pump gear rotates when the engine does!

enjoy:

https://www.facebook.com/paul.wegweiser/media_set?set=a.1876970242359.187738.1184315012&type=3

Edited by wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser