• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front end bushing replacements

J Mart

I am just about to start the same project.. email me at worzellarw@yahoo.com and I can send you some things I have collected ... a saved several posts and pictures in files.

Randy

Nice to see someone actually being friendly and helpful like the old days on tech forums. Other than the usual "use the search engine, we had to"

Good on you worzella.

Installation method really depends if you are using stock rubber versus aftermarket urethane or delrin.  Aftermarket ones tend to be 2-piece.

Stock requires some liquid dish soap and persuasion.   Bill Williams has a nifty article under construction suspension rehab.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I just did it. Like others have said there are plenty of posts including mine from a few months ago detailing how I used a torch to burn the old ones out. I replaced them with poly bushings and the new ones were super simple to install once the old ones were removed. Liberal grease applied to prevent squeaking.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Nice to see someone actually being friendly and helpful like the old days on tech forums. Other than the usual "use the search engine, we had to"

Good on you worzella.

In my defense I did suggest to search titles only, since I assume it would narrow down the 100s of threads containing the word "bushings." [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

Good on you worzella.

In the old days the reminder to search for information wasn't needed because people wouldn't need to be told, the inquisitor took the initiative.

Edited by AceAndrew