• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cold start harness for a 1973 TII

Tulah007

$83.72 new from Maximillian.

Great news! It's been NLA from BMW for many years. Hello, Maximillian!

Regards,

Steve

EDIT: I ordered one immediately. Ed, I'm assuming you recently purchased one from Maximillian, and you're not simply quoting from the parts listing!?

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I called today and they told me this has not been available to them for a long time and they have had many request.

They person I spoke to told me to reach out to

someone at kabelgross.de and send them a email for help.

If you can get another harness from Maximilian I would buy it from you guys with a 20% markup plus shipping ASAP .

Thx,

Tony

Edited by Tulah007

It's a small enough harness to build from scratch. I've pulled used wire (to get the correct size and color) and connectors from parted cars and built it from there.

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

$83.72 new from Maximillian.

Monies refunded by Maximillian: I wrongly assumed your reference was based on actual receipt of the harness. A price in the parts listing doesn't necessarily mean the part is available. This one's been NLA for at least 8-10 years. (But I greedily hoped that Maximillian had come across a small stash of NOS harnesses!)

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

• 2 weeks later...

Believe I found one.I lost your email please email me at dplc222@comcast.net thanks

Denny,

If Tulah007 is passing on this -- he does appear to have 2 new harnesses on the way -- I remain interested in a nice used example. 917-691-1944 (mobile) or khfstc@aol.com or PM works for me.

Thanks and regards,

Steve

It can be made from scratch using available parts from BMW (boots, mini connectors, spades, look at 3.0 CS sections) and other places (mini connectors and female sockets, look Eagleday). Narrow cloth wrapping tape is also available online. Years ago I made a pair for myself and sold sockets and boots to a few tii fellows. If there was a market I would buy parts in bulk and make them. I don't think anybody would pay $120 for a small wiring harness.  If you do let me know. 

Edited by bluedevils

Sorry guys for the "bum steer."  I did purchase one from Max several years ago when they in fact were available.  Another option is to look on the German ebay site.  Sometimes these items come up and will be available for worldwide shipping.  I got my Sport Steering Wheel with the fluted spokes this way.

For Steve:  I have the old set, quite worn but serviceable...all working.  If you would like it, will send it to you for the cost of shipping.

Ed

Ed

72 2002tii

...For Steve:  I have the old set, quite worn but serviceable...all working.  If you would like it, will send it to you for the cost of shipping.

Ed

Thank you, Ed. That's very generous, although I now have a line on one in good condition.

Best regards,

Steve