• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: New England or Rockies 2002, <$8000

Alec

I'm interested in a 2002, sub $8000. Here's what I'm looking for:

• Ready-to-drive
  • Minimal to no rust
  • Minimal body modifications (stance or areo). Functional modifications (stereo, glass sunroof, etc.) are okay.
  • Not particular about color. 
  • Prefer years 1969-1974, but 1975-6 are okay
  • Factory parts not needed, but replacements should be high quality and suitable

I'm located in New England (Rhode Island), but have family in both Salt Lake City and Denver, so I would be willing to field inquires in those locations as well.

Here's to joining the club soon!

Updates (added 5/29/15)! For the right car, I can do $10,000 (inclusive of shipping that I might need to do). Things that would let me go above my original $8000:

• "Fun" colors (Inka, Colorado, Verona, Pastel, Riveria, Taiga, etc.)
  • 5-speed conversion
  • Upgraded mechanics
Edited by thetwentyone

Hello,

Contact me at bakesco@comcast.net. I have a real good one I would consider parting with for $8K. The short story is I have 1976 with just over 46,000 actual miles on the car and only 27,000 on a factory crate motor. I have had it since 1990 and iit was stored in my Father's garage for 20 years. Just over 4 years ago I had the motor swapped and had the car shipped to where I live in Colorado. I have put 9,000 miles on it since, enjoying it on weekends. The tires have 9,00 miles on them and are the second set on this car. Other than the crate motor, it is all orginal. No cracked dash, all orignal glass, orignal Blaubunkt, and I have had the seats restuffed. It is a sunroof automatic. I have a 4 speed, long console, and shifter boot from the car I owned previous (a 74' 1988-1990), that I intended to put in, that would come with it. I have other parts from that car as well if interested. It has the original Solex that is running great, but I have the Weber I put in that first car back in 88'. Know that the Automatic has a larger tranny tunnel and is prime for 5 speed conversion should you choose. It has things that need to be done, but is solid. It has passed Colorado emmissions all 4 years and I did the emmission gear removed when the engine was swapped. I have all the emmsions gear should you want to reinstall.

My wife is having surgery in the morning so it might take me a little while to respond. If you have someone that wants to come check it out, I am in Littleton Colorado.

Steve Baker 303-319-3233

76 Malaga #2391789 (Sun, Auto, 43K) - "Lulu"

• 2 weeks later...

Email me @ mschiappa@yahoo.com . I am getting close to finishing a full restoration on a 2002. Completely rust free with original fenders front and rear, full interior other than a carpet. Custom built coilovers front and rear with 100 miles on them. Mint condition oz 1962 mesh wheels with original gold centers. Fully shaved bay with a fresh rebuilt m10 and 4 speed. Stahl headers to a full ansa sport/ race exhaust. Probably 25 more hours of bodywork before it goes in for paint. Haven't decided on a color.

Widebody 2002 build.

• 3 weeks later...