• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"New" Italian turn signals?

gargtat

Personally I wouldn't fit them myself but I applaud whoever makes them for having a go. It is only through encouraging niche manufacturers that we can hope to get any NL parts made. Fast forward 10 years and we might all be glad of things like that.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

For some reason I can't get pictures to work but on a dark blue background the lenses look pretty good.post-47753-0-76951600-1432606987_thumb.j

post-47753-0-64401600-1432607017_thumb.j

post-47753-0-31049700-1432607063_thumb.j

Ok pics working. This was a test fit so there are no lights working to show.

Edited by Rusty02

those all plastic ones look cheap as hell. How long do you suppose it will take for them to either crack, the orange to fade out completely, or both?

Probably not long, but I have two sets of real Euros for back up. Lol

For those who have not seen the lenses in person.

They are totally plastic with the exception of the bulb, they are glued together, there is no seal, and one of the wires is just wrapped around the spring.

If you buy a set I recommend that you solder the wires for good conductivity.

Note that they fit perfectly flush with the fender, but I do not know how they'll fit if a seal is added.

You can shield the wires from the elements and not install a seal, put a bead of clear RTV around the inside of the lens and let dry before installing, or buy OEM seals and see how it fits. (Seal will not look good showing through the clear lens. Get chrome/body color paint and paint areas just as OEM or spray tint lens)

Since I intend to use my 02 as a fun DD I don't mind trying different things. It will not be a weekend or show car so for all you purist please spare me the rhetoric. To each his/her own.post-47753-0-85983400-1432619097_thumb.j

Edited by Rusty02

Rusty, what if you used ac metal tape in the missing chrome areas?

If I could use ac tape seamlessly I'd consider it. Truth be told I'm not a chrome person. I would like to shave the whole car, but the current color needs contrast so for now the bumper & belt line stays. BTW chrome paint would work on the outer edges of the lens.

Edited by Rusty02