• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"New" Italian turn signals?

gargtat

If I could use ac tape seamlessly I'd consider it. Truth be told I'm not a chrome person. I would like to shave the whole car, but the current color needs contrast so for now the bumper & belt line stays. BTW chrome paint would work on the outer edges of the lens.

LOL.  I kept the beltline trim because of cost. Even shaved the gas cap.  Are you able to seal these up enough that they don't leak? 

I'm going to eat my words now after seeing them on Rusty02s car. They look decent for the price. The seller should really add a pic of them on a car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

Not sure yet. I will probably seal the wiring from the elements. I will use non traditional lighting so I don't have to worry about the bulbs. Adding an OEM seal will detract from the current fitment. I like the current fit. (Flush with contour)

I don't see anymore Italian versions. Just clear.

The amber you see on my lens is just some type of tape. Think of these lenses as a toy model. Go to a hobby shop and you'll be surprised at the many paints you'll find. I'll most likely smoke my lenses so the amber color will not matter to me.

• 3 months later...

I plan to modify the lenses to see if I can try to make them acceptable. Yes painting will be involved, also some lighting changes. (They'll look much better smoked)Finally got around to modding 

Finally got around to modding the lenses.  Testing was with a 9v batt...

Halo lights may be a bit much for my 02, but this is a nice alternative or addition to city light.

Obviously the amber is the turn signal, but the white LED will be DRL's

post-47753-0-04506700-1442544658.jpg

post-47753-0-41085900-1442544673.jpg

• 1 month later...

Can I ask what you used to give the appearance of the chrome trim around the light? It looks good. The solid amber, and clear versions of these lights are now offered on eBay for about half the original price.

I used a chrome automotive wrap. Not cheap,but has a real chrome looking finish. Also hard to install correctly due to the contour of the lights, which is why I gave it a five foot rule.

Edited by Rusty02

• 1 month later...

Is the metal frame of the euro light the same as the one for the US light?  Always wondered if the bulbous lens was the only difference, then perhaps something could be done using a core from any US turns and a lens similar to this one.

Just thinking out loud.

'86 e28 535i - Schwartz on Schwartz "Daily Driver"

'72 e10 2002 - In Progress "Go-Box"