• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

320i cheap new rear brake shoes- $17

I switched to 250 mm 320i rear brake set up three years ago. I bought from Auto Zone a set of rear shoes back then for a 320i in order to check out the quality. I was VERY happy with the quality and then bought 2 more sets as spares. As of last week the price has not gone up at Auto Zone. Still $17 for a set. If you ever order a set be sure to check that included in the box are two rear and two front shoes. Happy motoring!!!

Appreciate the heads up, will check it out.

Earl

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

what year do front shoes fit? I tried to put them on the e24 hubs but they don't fit those brakelines, are the tti trailing armers differently than the E12 master cylinder booster. PLEASE TEXT

what year do front shoes fit? I tried to put them on the e24 hubs but they don't fit those brakelines, are the tti trailing armers differently than the E12 master cylinder booster. PLEASE TEXT

Silly Dar_on_, the shoes go on the right side of the car; the discs on the left!

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Good to hear. So many 'upgrade' or replacement parts for 02's are taken from cars that are now considered classic in their own right (or at least old) and may be subject to shortages in the future.

What happens when we can't buy brake calipers for Volvo 240's anymore? What is the next donor?

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

All I can remember from three years ago was that I had no problems installing the Auto Zone 320i rear shoes along with all the other 320i upgrade parts. I believe one has to use all the 320i hardware-(springs, fasteners) wheel cyl, drums, and backing plates. My spare 320i shoes are stored 30 miles away buried in a storage locker. When I bought my spares I checked them carefully to be sure they matched my first set.

What happens when we can't buy brake calipers for Volvo 240's anymore?

We'll be teleporting.  There will be 240 calipers until the end of the petrol age...

Long beyond the date when there are 2002 parts, that's for sure!

hee

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL