• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some photos of my E30/2002 specific custom roof racks

Hey guys, I recently built a pair of custom metal/wood roof racks designed specifically for BMW 2002's and E30's. You may have seen these on Facebook or Instagram, but I figured I'd post on here as well. 

I spent a ton of time designing these and am happy with how they turned out. I originally had planned to produce these, but decided not to pursue these further for now. 

I created my own adjustable gutter mount system which allows interchangeability between the 2002 and E30 platform (and possibly other models and makes of cars). 

Achieving a super low profile aesthetic while maintaining functionality was my main goal. These are incredibly sturdy and don't cause as much wind noise as you'd think. There are gaps between the wood and metal for wind to pass through to minimize upward lift and howling. A lot of thought went into how everything flows together and I did my best to hide as many welds as possible. 

The silver one is sold, but the black is still for sale. Unfortunately I can't offer these as cheap as I'd like to, but if you're interested, you can view the ad on my Etsy store which is at www.Etsy.com/Shop/MikeyGaumann

Hope you enjoy! Would love to hear some feedback 

o1u0AA.jpg

leZxc4.jpg

QWPtOE.jpg

WZiMfb.jpg

dUbRsL.jpg

CMnh0B.jpg

yYFJne.jpg

V3bxW7.jpg

1sLOO9.jpg

GI1bdK.jpg

FqvG25.jpg

E0v7Yv.jpg

hcerIe.jpg

TfXhtN.jpg

Ys7oNM.jpg

Beautiful workmanship.

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

Thanks guys!

LB72: They are about 45lbs all said and done, which I know is on the heavier side. They're really not THAT heavy though, and when I test drove an E30 with my rack installed around town and on the highway up to 95mph, I never felt a difference in the way it drove. 

Very cool. Maybe the nicest roof rack I've ever seen. 

Also, the weekend crafter pack looks like something I'd see in Wallpaper magazine or something. Very nice stuff dude!

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

Thanks guys!

LB72: They are about 45lbs all said and done, which I know is on the heavier side. They're really not THAT heavy though, and when I test drove an E30 with my rack installed around town and on the highway up to 95mph, I never felt a difference in the way it drove. 

nice quality work!

45lbs is a lot.  won't notice in a straight line, but will be clearly evident having that much weight up high in the twisties.  however...if you are running a roof rack, you are probably not on a performance drive anyway..... :)

2xM3