• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the hit song the day your BMW was born .....

4 Feb '69 -- Crimson & Clover by Tommy James & the Shondels

17 Dec '72--Me and Mrs Jones by Billy Paul

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

You're So Vain, Carly Simon.

Whatever,

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

"Silly love songs" by the Wings. Cool!

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

The US VIN for my 74 tii is 2782565. According to BMW, that is a manufacturing date of July 26, 1974. So I join you, Carl, with "Rock Your Baby" and that's okay. My other 02 has the BMW 2002 US VIN of 2367377 that was manufactured on July 18th, 1975. The number one song of the day was "Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain & Tennille. If that were a factor in my buying decision, I would not own the second car. No offense intended, but that is a song that I want to forget and yet seems to come back to torture me over and over again. No ex-girlfriend  or other bad associations, just a remarkably terrible song by my standards. Not quite as terrible as this, almost equally unforgettable for all the wrong reasons:

With apologies in advance to all of you that register the same negative visceral reactions that I have. Made even worse by a Second City (the Chicago based improv group) bit on the worse songs of all time. I hope you are reading this at a time of the day that it won't stay with you. 

I'm feeling a little sick now...

The #1 song on Thursday, November 9th 1972 was:
I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash

1973 2002Tii Agave "Gerta"-----1972 2002Tii Verona project-----------2003 Porsche 911 X51-------2016 FIAT Abarth--------2003 Porsche Boxster----------2005 Honda Element

Partridge Family: "I Think I Love You."

Hm. Not exactly a fan of The Family. Never heard that one.

...Listens to it...

Oh. Well, then.

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler