• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craigslist tii cheap, not mine

socal73

Year:: 74

Make:: BMW

Model:: 2002

Price:: 2500

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5031364348.html

Not mine, no affiliations. This may be too good to be true. I'm broke and already have 2 projects, so I can't do anything anyway. Just passing it along, don't shoot me if it's a scam. Chris.

1974 Turkis -rusty

1974 Fjord -basket case

1954 GMC 100

2002 325it 5 speed sport wagon

Here's the scoop...

I was the 2nd or 3rd caller on this car and somehow convinced the seller to hold it for me until I could see it tonight (just got back).  I told him that if it was as he described, I would buy it tonight.  I had asked about the rust over the phone this afternoon, and his reply was, "a little around the windshield, some around the back window, both quarter panels, and just the passenger rocker panel,  He stated that it starts and is drivable, however, has a major fuel leak.  Just to be fair, I truly believe that the seller, nor his son, really know what they have, however, after talking to him tonight, I think they are getting educated on what a tii really is.  The car will mostly be taken off CL tonight and sold for more by tomorrow (according to the seller).

I was the first to look at it and here is my report....

The VIN #2780855

Original color is Siennabraun metallic

The car is located in Ontario, not Corona.

Obviously, it does not have 54k original miles.

As expected for a car that has been sitting, the gas smelled like lacquer.

The car spent most of its life in Hermosa Beach, and if people don't think CA cars do not rust, guess again.  This car looked like a NY/MI car.  I am not sure what was holding in the front windshield or the back window as both were rusted all the way around and in most places, all the way through.

It has a snorkel nose and a small repairable dent on the nose panel just above the kidney

The floorpans from underneath look decent.

It has recaro front seats in brown cloth, in pretty good shape.

Rear shock towers look good, infact, the trunk and rear were about the best panels in the car.

The rear speaker parcel and been completely cut out and a piece of sheetmetal riveted in.

Quarter panels, fenders, hood, roof, doors, rockers all have significant rust and in my opinion, would all need to be replaced.

I could not pull the trigger even though I took the cash with me.....too much work for me.  Maybe the parts might have been worth it.  Some brave soul will snag this one up....I took a few pics, if anyone is interested.

I wanted this to be the one!

Edited by repoman

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

Maybe I should've purchased it for $2500..... :unsure:

Now listed for $4200 by same seller

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5047195205.html

At least now the pics show more of the rust issues....

Here's a crappy pic I took of the "54,000 original miles" engine

post-37126-0-69332100-1432875540_thumb.j

Edited by repoman

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's