• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Tii Brake Booster

Boulder2002

UPDATE: I'm not looking for a tii brake booster anymore, I'm just going to go with some angled velocity stacks to start.

Thanks to jmr_1602 and Artboakrill for all their help.

Looking to buy a tii brake booster for my '75. I'm running dual side draft 40s and the 3rd filter is jammed against my brake booster. 

I'm in Boulder, CO but willing to pay for shipping from anywhere.

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by Boulder2002

'75 BMW 2002

'99 Porsche 996

'01 Audi S4 Avant

Just a caveat, the tii booster is longer, which moves the master cylinder forward toward the front of the car. The issue is that the brake lines are then too short. The hard lines are tii specific. You can yank and bend them, but it's a pain. If you are using a sock type filter that clamps to the velocity stack, another option is to take a slice out of your existing horn half way around or so and bend it up, then weld or epoxy the slit and you have an angled horn.

Just a caveat, the tii booster is longer, which moves the master cylinder forward toward the front of the car. The issue is that the brake lines are then too short. The hard lines are tii specific. You can yank and bend them, but it's a pain. If you are using a sock type filter that clamps to the velocity stack, another option is to take a slice out of your existing horn half way around or so and bend it up, then weld or epoxy the slit and you have an angled horn.

Hmm, good to know. I actually just found a tii booster in the for sale section, but now it sounds like angled velocity stacks would be the more simple option... I though putting tii brake boosters on non tii cars was a common thing, is that not the case?

'75 BMW 2002

'99 Porsche 996

'01 Audi S4 Avant

That is the case. Not really sure what others do about the lines. Probably yank and bend them! If you chose to do that just be careful that you have plenty of clearance between the lines and the steering coupler. Also, even with the tii booster your #3 filter is going to be tweaked.

I'll start with the stacks then! Thank you very much for the info. I'm most concerned with tweaked filters, so I would have been bummed if I installed a tii booster only to get the same result. Much appreciated. 

'75 BMW 2002

'99 Porsche 996

'01 Audi S4 Avant

• 2 weeks later...