• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB side mirrors for 1970 2002

bjbarbieri

Hey kids. I need some side mirrors for my 70 '02. The ones that are on the car were on it as long as I've owned it...some kind of black aftermarket plastic crap that have become so droopy, my car looks like a sad caterpillar from the front or something. I don't even care if they're 02 specific mirrors as long as they're period correct or look like they somewhat belong on the car. Oh, and sorry, but I'm not a fan of the talbot bullet style. Who's got what for sale, or what have you guys found as suitable replacements?

A '70 model originally came with a single driver's side trapezoid mirror (a.k.a., "trap mirror"). A passenger-side trap mirror was a dealer option. These trap mirrors may still be available from BMW -- certainly the later "flag mirrors" are (originally only on '75 and '76 models). But Vintage Autobahn is selling an excellent quality repro of the trap mirrors. Here:

https://vintageautobahn.wordpress.com/02-parts/

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)