• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

for no apparent reason

PatAllen

apparently an old man wanted to get rid of that and apparently i had the money to get it....

with all the extra modules and upgrades for all up to 1998 cars with obdII, books and training manuals....doh.

i feel like doc in back to the future 1...

cant help myself isnt it...

good up to 2999 !!!

yes, it works...

post-9138-0-19630700-1434675705_thumb.jp

post-9138-0-28613800-1434675840_thumb.jp

Edited by PatAllen

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Pat - congrats on your electronic find.   I remember the HUGE  wheeled Sun engine analyzer used where I used to work in the late '80's.  All the leads and that crazy oscilloscope were "taboo" to me back then.  Wonder where it ended up (now that the same shop uses laptops).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

x

That's awesome... does it hook up to the '02's, orange, diagnostic port under the hood?

It may, but not if it uses a connector that is compatible with diagnostic plug 2 that is wired as per the "Diagnostic Plug" photo. It would be expecting pins 7,8 & 9 to be next to the stepped section of the connector as per the pin numbers marked on the connector. 

02tii 2751928 (2582)

there is no harness that connect to the plug as is, only aligator clips for the generic operation of the tool, otherwise there are tons of cables with dedicated plugs for other brands of cars, such as ford, chrysler, toyota,...

i will simply make one that will fit the 02. there isnt much the machine can connect to

+12v

gnd

negative side of the coil (trigger or points)

#1 HT lead

HT coil lead.

the it can show up all the sparks/cylinder intensity on the "scope". the machine can also "kill" one cylinder and do a % rpm drop test. very funny to see this old technology be able to do that.

it can do much more.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel