• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mmmm don't recall saying you insulted anyone, but disregarding advice from an employee of a company, that has served this community for many years, and doing it so curtly is not going to win you many friends, and your opinions on standard cars, whilst you are entitled to them are inaccurate at best.

It would appear your opinions are at odds with general consensus and the purchasing market, as I don't see a rush of people wanting to purchase your design. I wish you luck, you obviously believe in your product but that may be where it ends as it appears few others do?

Here's an "M-style" '02 rear spoiler on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351428573644?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Currently one bid, $9.99, shipping included. There are, however, 1 1/2 days left in the auction, so anything could happen.

Note in the photos that the seller has removed this M-style spoiler and replaced it with a standard "turbo-style" rear spoiler. The seller, however, is obviously someone who wants a spoiler on his '02, which sets him apart from most U.S. owners.

Just some more food for thought...

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

SydneyTii. Just because someone works for cetain company does not make him an ultimate authority. The insult part was pointed at you and apparently you did not getting which I kind of thought you wouldn't . A I mentioned I called Ireland for advise on rim size and we had a good discussion in that regard.

Simeon. You are absolutely right, I need to work on the marketing aspect of this project. But Please bear in mind that "there is no such thing as crazy idea".

Would you please direct me to a good advice that I ingored in this forum so far. Other than people jumping up and down trying to convince me that its ugly and crazy I did not get any other advise. And the few I received I responded kindly.

Henning Telling me it is a crazy idea and encouraging me to ditch it is not an advice. Would you tell me who has given me a good advice so far. The best advice so far has come from 17 year old Tedk, Conserv, and KenH. I will see if I can stop the campaing and restart it with fixed funding instead of flexible, I thought fixed funding meant that it would stop when I reached my goal but I was wrong.

This spoiler is a prototype made of cut up pieces, it needs to be 3d scanned, digitally cleaned up in order to be production ready.

"May not ship to Germany". And I've been soo keen on that lip....

Iss, I won't tell you to ditch your idea only because it's crazy. There have been a lot of crazy ideas in the past that developed to darn good ideas later. You will have my respect if you do your thing without listening to others- I do such often enough. What I wanted to express is that in my opinion I wouldn't be astonished if there wasn't one single buyer here.

It would be something else if you were thinking about producing a separate spare tire well without the entire trunk bottom, or the sidewalls of the front nose, or more elastic and sun-resistant visor clips or superlight two-line calipers- but that huge spoiler, hm.

I guess what can be said to this is said now. Beware of yourself.

Best wishes,

Hen

As a designer I've been in my fair share of critiques. And sometimes I'm really in love with a project that no one else seems to be on board with. More often than not I take that advice because I know a second pair of eyes will ultimately help me resolve my design problem.

You started a thread asking the opinions of your core target. They might not have given you constructive criticism but they did give you an honest opinion and it appears that your product does not align with what they want or need. I already think selling 300 units sounds like a lot. Selling 300 units when nobody wants it is even tougher.

My honest opinion of your wing/spoiler. Yes it does look modern, but it also looks like something I could have taken off of a Honda. So it seems somewhat generic in a sense. Also, I bought a 40 year old car because I love how it looks. Updating an old design with modern aesthetics does not seem to work for most people. It doesn't for me.

There are probably people who would enjoy your spoiler. I would suggest making it in fiberglass to try and keep risk low and reward high.

One other thing. I would not compare the 02 community to the domestic muscle car scene. The net for the crowd is much larger than that of ours With a wider range of tastes. BMW only imported so many 02s in the U.S. Compared to the millions of domestics made here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

Click the link bellow and you will agree that this is what 02s need to be more awesome than they already are. 

All comments are welcome!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rear-spoiler-for-1969-1976-bmw-2002#/story

Well you asked so I will tell you what I think of it. I like my car as it is now and I would not put one on it. I have to disagree with your comment about this is what is needed to make the 02s more awesome (I always hated that word). I bought my 02 for what it is and I am not trying to impress anyone except myself with it. I would prefer to keep mine closer to stock. I for one like the lines BMW gave it. I have made changes to make my car more enjoyable, like a 5 speed and better springs and shocks and new seats. Although the car is mostly stock, I do like to drive it. I have put 3000 miles on it in the last three months.

Best of luck with your venture.

Mate I do apologise for commenting as mine where clearly not appreciated, I guess this won't be either, but someone far wiser than me once said

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience....

SydneyTii, No need for apology, people are who they are. You should not even have attempted to insult an experienced (old as you called it) man and expected him to lower himself to your level. I know who I am therefore impervious to insults.

peterschop: Thanks for taking time and sharing your opinion. I never cannot force anyone to buy this spoiler so I don't know why they are so offended. 02s that are in original condition should stay in original condition but not all of them are. After 40 years most of them are not, I have 4 of them presently so I know.