• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fatherof3: Too early to quit. As I mentioned before if inventers quit over a few negative comments nothig would be invented. Through my decades of working and owning in a Mercedes and BMW shop, I have altered many things in 2002s and other models as well one of the most significant one is that any repair that involved removing starter, the starter went back in with the nut welded to the starter, if your starter has a welded-on nut more than likely it was in my shop at one point of time. I will bid on the spoiler on eBay, it will look good on my track 02 in progress.

I have a relatively against the grain car in the works myself, but I cant see many people putting such a modern style spoiler on a classic car. It really does not flow with the rest of the car, and its far from subtle. I do enjoy the thought of a third brakelight in the spoiler, especially on a turbo style spoiler but again visually this just looks out of place.

The main thing that concerns me is the fact your $50,000 goal to make one particular spoiler for one particular car for an even smaller group of people looking for a different spoiler/wing option... Its just a bit too niche. The thing is, it screams "Boy Racer" and the majority of 02 owners/drivers are past that stage and this car does not lend itself to such wild non-flowing designs. Asking for money for funding without accepting criticism or hearing what people are trying to tell you is not the most business savvy plan, and will not get you anywhere. Yeah you offer a spoiler for a $2xx donation yet there is only two pictures of the spoiler... Not a bad price but reading the campaign with spelling and gramatical errors does not inspire confidence either.

Now, heres the thing you should be doing to make this campaign a success, listen to what people really want. There is a market out there indeed but its not as large as you would expect. Myself, I am chomping at the bit for rear louvers, a turbo-esque spoiler with a built in 3rd brake light, and a proper duckbill front lip option. CA Tuned is already working on Louvers, a turbo spoiler with a 3rd brake light would not be very hard to pull off, and a duckbill front lip is one of the most talked about/desired aesthetic product among the less purist 02 owners. Anything else like big rear end subframes for us horsepower junkies are slowly popping up from well respected companies so its up to the small guys to really find out whats desired/ not being marketed and to jump on it with precision and quality. If you are stuck on just making that one wing and wanting to make 50 grand off a campaign that looks to be stumbling out of the gate already you may aswell shit in your hand now and realize its time to abandon that pipe dream.

ultrabox-2002-2.jpg?resize=700%2C525

Perhaps this guy will fund your campaign though!

1974 2002 - M20/Getrag 260 swap underway

mlytle  For a stock 2002 it is not gonna do a thing!

I don't have time to chat about racing and track cars it is not the subject of this forum. I get paid for that!

Wow, again. You are even less in touch with reality than I was giving you credit for.

2xM3

Trying to fund this with our money makes our opinion count

Clearly you are beginning to see that you need to self fund this.

Many a great entrepreneur has sold everything they had to fund their vision

Edited by Fatherof3

Fatherof3: This was not and it still is not intended to be for profit project. If I pre-sell 250-300 of these spoilers and move forward to produce them it will put me on zero gain considering the cost of manufacturing plus time and effort it takes to make and ship them.

The only opinion I received here is that it is a no good so what is there to make. And the perception that I am trying to make money off of you guys heck nooooo.

To all:

Well guys it looks like I agitated your little pond and brought some temporary excitement to it. Time to move on 10 Nay Sayers never stopped me! A wise man once said when a crowd try to drag you down "run".

A wise man once said when a crowd try to drag you down "run".

...and my high school gym teacher also said "Don't shit in the pool!"

But I digress...

Short version:  If you try to sell that wing here, I suspect you'll move somewhere between 5 and 10 units...

Now, the R3V crowd might just eat that up- unless it popes their tairs...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL