• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Colorado tii on eBay

Conserv

Year:: 1972

Make:: BMW

Model:: 2002tii

Price:: 28500.00

Not mine, no affiliation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121682191231?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

VIN 2760277. That's early, probably November or December 1971.

Overall, quite nice. A recent and perhaps-not-particularly-high-end paint job -- I always look at the amount of overspray in the area of the firewall air plenum as a tell-tale -- however, could be hiding a lot. And it's not a Colorado car unless BMW Archives (info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com) says it's a Colorado car. Still, I have no reason to believe this is a color-changed example: I haven't seen any photos of the underside.

It acquired aluminum intake runners post-factory (and, possibly, the e12 head that generally accompanied the aluminum intake runners) so I'd check if the car has its original engine (block, at least).

And the dashboard has been covered or "restored" or something, losing the control labels in the process. Chrome front passenger seat hinge, which I believe is the norm for just about all '72 tii's. Carpet has been replaced. Steering wheel is one of those soft-rim factory wheels that appeared on many '70s although I have examples from '71 and '72, so I suspect it was a dealer option during those years. The pad under the steering column is missing. And although I see a Frigiking console, the absence of hoses running through the radiator support suggests that that Frigiking ain't fridging!

As seems to have become a "norm" for round taillight tii's lately, the car is currently wearing e21 turbine rims, although it does appear to retain one original "tii rim" as a spare.

No discussion of the car's provenance other than CA for the past 5 years. Check for rust. Check for rust again. Get a PPI.

Good luck,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Heads up, those are not e21 turbine wheels. Too much lip.

So...are they 6x13, Ryan? Manufacturer? (I view anything other than 5 original steelies as a "value detriment" and was much more excited about the lone survivor in the trunk than I was about the 4 non-original interlopers.)

Thanks and regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)