• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<<<< These rears are SO DAMN SEXY >>>>

Lisa.02P

A radical departure from the conventional, I must say.

They are different. I didn't realize you were building a full-on art piece. Very cool.

I've watched your other posts and I'm looking forward to further updates. Keep the pix coming.

Thanks Paul! I appreciate the follow!

I like that they are unique and that there's no other 02 out there with this fabric and look! ;-) 

Tesoro is a "treasure" with rare and unique parts and like treasures... This 02 is something "precious" and "cherishable" to me. 

For me, 02s are like work of art in motion... and they need to be driven!

Thanks for the follow! More pics to come!  ;)

Lisa 02princess -  SF Bay Area

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

instagram: MotoLisa.02P

They look spectacular, how did the prefit go ? I had to trim the outside corner of the fiberglass buckets to clear the wheel wells to get mine to fit closer in my 71. I love the look & the grommets look ace.

Thank you Mr. LimeySteve! 

The fiberglass was trimmed and fitted prior to getting upholstered... I recommend doing so with the e24 seats as they will not just fit into the 02 on its own. I like the bucket seat look with the arm rest in the middle as most modern vehicles have this look nowadays. I think the original 02 back seats are quite roomy... but lacks a bit of character. Maybe if you were to stick with all original, it's a given to keep the boring look of the rears... but I'm not about boring... ;-) I'm just trying to keep it classy! <LOL>!

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

Those look like something from a new Audi. That's a compliment! They're very classy and unique. The grommets really set them off. I do wonder how they'll be for a long day in the saddle, though... Will you look like you got a hug from an octopus?

-Dave

Hello Dave!

I've been getting "concerns" from you fellas on the FAQ and FB about how these grommets will end of leaving a mark on me... 

Maybe you all think I'm bouncing around in short shorts or bikini bottoms all the time? <laughing!>  :lol:  ;)  :P

I think I'll be ok... and if I do end up getting rings around my legs or derriere ... I'll blame it on the octopus!  ;)

Beautiful work. That's something to be proud of!

Thank you e39guy! 

Edited by 02princessLisa

Very nice work.  They will look really nice in your o2.

With that said, seems like I read a post that suggested "prime is so fine....." or some such months ago.  Really I am too lazy to go back and check and see when it was.....I am guessing your car must be in paint (or nearly there).  Legends of the Autobahn is in 8 weeks or so?  Not a lot of time to get everything back together, but then you already knew that.  TIme goes by fast, I am already starting to semi-panic for Monterey next year (more time but my car has a lot of work to do).  I figure if my car isn't in paint I can liver vicariously through yours.  Keep up the good work.

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com

Thank you Mark! 

Yes, priming and sandblocking is pretty much done on the body! (its taken 10 months!) We've ordered paint material and should be ready for paint very soon.... I'm getting really excited! 

And yes, as we know.. it takes about a month or so for the paint to cure... and since Tesoro is in LA... the weather is hot and dry enough for him to be cooked quicker than normal... so we'll see! More pics to come soon and I don't think we'll make it to Legends (as hoped!) but I can be optimistic!  ;)

Looks great.  Who did the upholstery work?

These guys are local ... they do a lot of celebrity cars, and concourse cars... 

I like how they call me "Lisa Beemer".....

post-46815-0-12913700-1435379478_thumb.p

Love those rears! I have a friend that refuses to sit in the front since he tried my rear seats. I do agree they are way more comfortable than my E21 Recaros. Absolutely fantastic job on the material combo. Enjoy.

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

Hello Dave!

I've been getting "concerns" from you fellas on the FAQ and FB about how these grommets will end of leaving a mark on me... 

Maybe you all think I'm bouncing around in short shorts or bikini bottoms all the time? <laughing!>  :lol:  ;)  :P

I think I'll be ok... and if I do end up getting rings around my legs or derriere ... I'll blame it on the octopus!  ;)

I assure you, your attire didn't even factor in! I was just thinking about how they'd be for me... in a t-shirt.  :)

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

I assure you, your attire didn't even factor in! I was just thinking about how they'd be for me... in a t-shirt.  :)

LOL! 

Ok... I'll let you know how my rally rides are in these seats when I get Tesoro back!  ;)

do they think you ride bmw motorcycles?

You're right, 'Lisa Bimmer' would've been more accurate...

These guys are not BMW enthusiasts by any means.... But they know car upholstery and design and that's all that matters to me! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seats look awesome Lisa. Can't wait to see the install

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)