• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi - wanted to introduce myself

Mark42

* The speedometer is geared on the engine (according to the previous owner) with a metric gearing.  That throws off the MPH reading by some amount.  I want to get that fixed first just to avoid accidental speeding.  * The odometer doesn't work.  It's stuck at 18,7(something). The trip meter doesn't work either.  

welcome.  yes...watch out for the lunatic VA faq'ers.... ;) 

unless you have some frankensteined car, the speedo drive is off the back of the tranny.  they are all the same.  what differs is the speedo gauge itself.  they are geared for different diff ratios.   i would just take the speedo out and send it to North Hollywood Speedometer for a refresh.  it will come back looking and working like new.  you can also have them specifically calibrate it to your wheel/tire/diff combo. 

2xM3

welcome. yes...watch out for the lunatic VA faq'ers.... ;)

unless you have some frankensteined car, the speedo drive is off the back of the tranny. they are all the same. what differs is the speedo gauge itself. they are geared for different diff ratios. i would just take the speedo out and send it to North Hollywood Speedometer for a refresh. it will come back looking and working like new. you can also have them specifically calibrate it to your wheel/tire/diff combo.

Thanks for the tip. I might try that. Not thrilled about having more down time though. :)

Cheers,

1974 - 2002 - "Fozzie"