• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Florida 1600 and 1972 Green 2002. A little something for everyone.

danco_

Looking sweet Ryan! What glue did you use on the trunk gasket? Mine is coming off at the corners. Will try some 3M black super weatherstrip next.

Pull those white rub strips off and scrub them with something like Purple Power or heavy duty vinyl cleaner. They will look like new...

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Ryan, you misspelt Colombia ;-)

Jim, Beammmer has a recommendation for which 3M adhesive to use on those things -- #4799.

I cleaned my door gaskets with adhesive remover prior to installing.

Cheers,

Edited by ray_

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I used the Wurth adhesive stuff. Comes in a can with a built in brush. It's what has been recommended to me by a good coupe friend in the bay area. So far so good. I'll be using the same stuff for the door gaskets and headliner. 

I really am not looking forward to the headliner. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Also, update on the green 2002. I sent the car to King's Autobody for a quick spray of the rear apron back to Opal Green Metallic and the new Alpina front air dam (Rey Rivera's repro units - Thanks again, Rey!) to the same color. Car should be looking pretty very soon. I'm going to take the hub caps off and run the steelies as-is. No more caps. I like the rawness of the steelies alone.

CrSIiLk.jpg?1

Vus9ScE.jpg?1

Edited by danco_

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Lovin' both cars and both colors! Been reading your thread since it's inception after your rather frightening mishap. Wish i had your (seemingly) deep pockets. These cars are an inspiration!

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

Lovin' both cars and both colors! Been reading your thread since it's inception after your rather frightening mishap. Wish i had your (seemingly) deep pockets. These cars are an inspiration!

Thank you! The blue car will live with a few parts here and there donated to both green cars. 

I don't think it's so much as deep pockets, as it is a clear priority crisis. I should be doing other things with the funds, but bringing these cars back to life for my own personal use is much more fun at this time in my life. There will be a time where I work very hard and devote less and less time to passions and hobbies, but it is not this time. For now, let's just keep buying things and never check the bank accounts.  

Looking great, Ryan! I'm right there with you on the headliner and might tackle mine this weekend. I wouldn't mind if I didn't have a sunroof...

I'm so glad I don't have a sunroof. They are cool indeed, but this is a humble and option-less car to begin with. 

Headliners scare me. Always will. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

DOOD...that's killer. Usually not a fan of front air dams on '02's but I will make an exception here.

DOOD...that's killer. Usually not a fan of front air dams on '02's but I will make an exception here.

That's exactly how I feel about air dams on 2002s, but I acquired this one from a friend and a paint guy owed me a favor so I was into it for very little. I decided to mount it and see how I like it. 

Turns out I love the look. A lot. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

And count me amongst (perhaps) the few that think you should stick with the Opel Green Metallic. I dig Agave, but light greens (metallic and otherwise) have always grabbed my attention (Taiga! Florida!), and that hue does really well with the Saddle interior, IMHO.

BTW, there's a Florida '02 up here that's had a bunch of work done to it but the owner wants MUCHO dinero. Otherwise, you might have some NorCal competition courtesy of moi. I. LOVE. THAT. COLOR. I'm assuming that you've swung by Coupe King to check out their '69 for sale? 55 COUGH COUGH K...but gorgeous.