• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smog Pump Brackets for 1976

ilmanator

I have a 1976 BMW 2002 that needs to pass smog in California. I have the smog pump but not the brackets needed to make it fit. If you make any parts needed to assemble the pump, please reply because I'm not exactly sure what I need. My father is the one doing most of the work on it, but we can't seem to find these parts anywhere.

It is hard to find because most people threw their emissions equipment away then regretted it when mandatory emissions testing became a rule in their state.  The dealer prices on any of the emissions equipment is exorbitant.  An EGR valve listed for $225 about 15 years ago.  Hopefully you have your thermal reactor exhaust manifold and it isn't cracked. 

Are there any differences in the pump brackets from the early cars (like my 69 2002) to a 76? I have the big bracket removed from my 69 but it incorporates the dipstick holder and certainly needs new bushings. Are the bushings still available (I have not searched)?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Are there any differences in the pump brackets from the early cars (like my 69 2002) to a 76? I have the big bracket removed from my 69 but it incorporates the dipstick holder and certainly needs new bushings. Are the bushings still available (I have not searched)?

We tried using the brackets of a 75 and even those were too different and wouldn't work, but if you don't mind sending a picture I can make sure.

Thanks for the pictures but my dad says the parts are too big for the car, but they were still useful. Thanks again.

Sorry I cannot help.  Does your pump look like this one?

IMG_7047.jpg

Guess we (collectively) need to write up a FAQ article on the different emissions pumps/brackets.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 5 years later...