• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Polaris tii on eBay

Conserv

Year:: 1973

Make:: BMW

Model:: 2002tii

Price:: 15907.00

Not mine, no affiliation:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261956311166?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

VIN 2763723, so probably April-May 1973 manufacturing date (ad incorrectly says it's a 1974). Polaris paint sticker looks like a replacement but suggestions of a navy blue interior -- 1 out-of-focus interior shot -- don't give me particular reason to doubt that this was originally a Polaris car. But certainly anyone buying a round taillight tii in this market is verifying the color with BMW Archives (info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com). In the left end of the cowl plenum, next to the fuse sticker (which could itself be an old replacement) is some gold-beige paint, which may be just the golden color that underhood Polaris acquires when the clear coat yellows.

From an overall perspective, car looks very good in the few photos provided. But at least one mediocre re-paint could be hiding much (virtually no prep work was done before they repainted the nosepiece and those inner fenders; paint on left rear shock tower is puckering). The right rear shock tower, for instance, looks as if it's been repaired previously and may have current cracking; I can't see the left rear shock tower. It also appears that they removed a non-tii snorkel from the radiator support, but not cleanly: the ghost remains. Given the period Ziebart rust-proofing, I'd bet this car was originally delivered into a rust-belt state. All in all, rust should be the buyer's primary concern here.

Valve cover is from an e21, so please don't convince yourself that this an untouched virgin example. This car has seen use and repairs. Notice the wiring harness that should run above the battery is currently wedged between the battery and the radiator support, completely out of it factory clamps.

The pricing, however, isn't crazy, unless, of course, the car is a rust-bucket! The car is crying for a good PPI!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)