• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2-barrel intake manifold for 1600 head (118)

danco_

Hi there!

Looking for a suitable 2-barrel intake manifold that was designed for the smaller intake ports of the 118 head (bmw 1600 head). I know there is an e21 intake manifold that allows for a 2-barrel carb (Weber 32/36). This is what I'm after. 

From what I understand, the correct e21 part number is: 11611261604

Cannon also makes a correct intake manifold that I would also be interested in getting my hands on. I believe it is model 99004-095.

I have four or five 2002 intake manifolds, both OEM and Canon, but the intake holes are too large on the manifold and won't work well with the current 1600 engine. It's imparative that I find the correct manifold to allow for a 2-barrel carb, or if that proves impossible, then I'll go after a 1600ti set up with the dual solex carbs. If someone has the correct set up for a 1600-2, I'd be interested in that as well.

Please let me know what you have. Thanks! 

-Ryan Danco

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

The part number on the intake manifold I am using is 1 260 747.  There is also 77 stamped on it which I assume is the date of manufacture.  This manifold is bolted to a 118 head and a 32/36 weber.  The hose outlet from the manifold to the heater is larger  than on the original and there are a few other ports that need to be plugged along with matching the ports to the 32/36 carburetor.

you would be better using twin weber 40 dcoe s the 1600 carbs are very hard to find, they are not the same as 2000ti carbs, even though they look the same. the webers will mount on the ti manifolds, they would require smaller chokes  the weber term for venturi . 80% of the intake valve size = the venturi size needed,  they are available used or new   Bruce M-tuner