• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horse hair seat pads

gary

Another source for 74-only style seats is Steven Sperling at zoomzoomzooming.  He is the only one I could find that has the 74-style in leather which is what I need for my 74tii to replace the original leather covers.  A few of the members of this forum has used his covers with great results.  For what it is worth.  You can find his eBay store here:  

WWW.EBAY.COM

We sell Currie Electric Scooters, a variety of car parts, primarily for the more valuable "older" cars and clothing! We also sell tickets to sporting events. It is a strange combination but it is a mixture of both our businesses!
  • Like 3

1974 2002tii Schwarz 

1973 Bavaria Sahara

1976 2002 Sahara once upon a time

Re: original or not. I think it depends on the car. If it's a survivor and mostly stock, then maybe a good candidate for a bone stock restoration. So many of these were upgraded from day one, they can still be period correct with a lot of upgrades.

If it's already a Frankenstein, then building a fun DD from whatever you like/can find is equally awesome.

I'm pondering this a lot as I start digging into Cookie Monster. The pull to keep her original is strong, and THE PLAN, but it will be an ongoing effort to get there. But, she will probably  never be exactly showroom day one again. I'm not hooking up a missing smog pump, for example. 

OK, actually thats about it. Everything else will be just about bone stock.

And then some reversible period like upgrades will happen, so she's fun to drive.

I really appreciate the historical knowledge here, amazing to hear about all the weedy details, and be able to asses every choice we make along the way. 

• Like 2