• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Original '75-'76 Vinyl Seat Covers or Seats

Conserv

Please indulge me. I'm restoring a spare set of front seats for my '76. Why?

1. I believe that, long-term, original-style seats will be difficult to find;

2. To work out all the potential issues before my '76's original seats go "under the knife" for restoration; and

3. To test my upholstery guy, and let him prove that he's the right surgeon for the original seats.

But, although I've rounded up a couple sets of original '75-'76 seat covers, I've yet to find a sufficiently-pliable set of the backrest center sections, i.e., the perforated vinyl portions. Seat cushions? We're good. But backrests? A problem.

Although navy blue covers (or seats) are ideal, my upholstery guy says he can dye tan (beige), or even black, to match. The condition is the key. The perforated-vinyl center sections are identical from left to right, so I don't care which side seat: left and right, two lefts, two rights. If you have just one, that's great. Someone else may have the other one!

Ideally you could remove the vinyl covers and ship them without the seat frames. But if that's too much to ask, I'd pay to ship seats if the vinyl looks very promising. It's really only the backrests I need. And they can be removed with a couple bolts. Navy is first choice, tan (beige) is second, and black is last, but I'll consider all.

Below is a photograph of the original seats in my '76. This is the style of seat cover I'm seeking. Note that the headrest supports are very close together. Early e21s used the same seat, BUT...they don't have 6 ribs across the center section, so they are "dis-qualified" from this WTB ad!

Let me know what you have. I will not consider payment via Western Union. Please contact me through PM or at khfstc@aol.com.

Thanks very much for your time,

Steve

post-41123-0-08917400-1436986047_thumb.j

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

• 3 weeks later...

Steve, I am trying to buy two different sets of stock '76 seats here locally. I only need the bottom portions - so if I score either or both sets I will let you know. John

John,

I love that idea! Thanks!

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)