• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP FINDING BRAKE DRUM HARDWARE KIT online!

Tyler Toth

I recently bought a 74 2002 off a friend for $250 I take the rear drum off and there is nothing there but the drum and backing plate no drum shoes or hardware at all. I sourced shoes at a local auto store but I can not find a brake drum hardware kit ANYWHERE at a local auto store or online can someone please help? Sorry if this is the wrong area to ask

Usually these types of questions go in the "Parts Wanted" section of the classifieds.

Anyhow, 230mm drums? I have most of the hardware you need, brand new. I can take some pics tomorrow. Send me a PM if your interested.

Also $250? Nice steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

Eh I wasn't sure if this was a parts wanted because I'm just looking for information but thank you and yes I believe they're 230mm and yea it needs a whole lot of body work I don't know how to add pics from my phone but hey for 250 it runs and I can drive it just don't stop very well. And I literally need all hardware for the drum except the wheel cylinder

Yeah, Steve at Bluntteach recently got me new rear brake springs.  He's the best to contact for these kind of things.

This is what he recently quoted me for the rear brake springs:

"74 non tii

34213061717 x2   12.77 ea

34213660185 x2   2.96 ea"

I'm sure other part numbers could be looked up at realoem.com, or just bug Steve about them.

The problem with the parts store shoes that I got is that there's no spacer between the e-brake lever and the shoe, so the one spring has nowhere to sit.  If you have a spacer between the shoe and lever, then you should be OK for the most part.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

i might need more than just those two part numbers hah I pulled the drum off to literally nothing but the backing plate and a wheel cylinder no shoes or hardware at all. I don't have the vin# currently I'm at work but thanks for the help!