• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP FINDING BRAKE DRUM HARDWARE KIT online!

Tyler Toth

Thank you!

And I do plan a disc conversion eventually but this car needs ALOT of body work I'm going to focus on that first and performance later thank you though

Oh stevenc22 I just noticed you said big brake..that was a final option if I couldn't find this stuff as I wanna do a disc conversion down the road if I knew how to upload pictures is upload one so you could see the roughness of the body haha but I only paid 250$ for an idea

Before you order the parts you need, check to see if the end of the emergency brake cable is poking into the space where the brake shoes, springs etc should go.  You should see a plastic-sheathed cable coming from the front of the car that enters the backing plate at about the 8 o'clock position, and a bare steel cable with a swedged-on stop inside the backing plate.  No cable?  You'll need to order two of them too.  

Good find on your car.  Lotsa 02ers in the Chicago area--check the 02 groups section on the FAQ for a contact person.

Cheers

Mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite