• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

article ..... What Technology Are You Glad You Don't Have

http://www.petrolicious.com/what-technology-are-you-glad-your-car-doesn-t-have  

not that I'm old school, or just plain old, but I'm glad the only "technology" found on my '74tii is the small circuit board inside the little aluminum can which deals with cold starting.  Long before the internet was invented my shipboard electronics tech had to replace a transistor for me.  

0d96_35.JPG

Cheers,

Carl

That little guy should read, "Made in Germany".

Edited by lilmo

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

Thermo Oil Level Sensors. Crankcase vent valves. Suspension springs that break every 60k miles, valve cover seals that turn to bakelite after 5 years....and whatever adhesive they used on E36 door panels.  :D

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

I'm glad not to have electric windows.  I wish my 3.0 csi didn't have them ...  And AC ... I don't need no stink'in AC ;)

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Kugelfischer pump  

Fuel injectors 

Warm up regulator 

Cold start valve

Electric fuel pump 

Pertr0nix

:huh:

I have everything but the Pertronix. My car is very reliable - you just have to take care of a few things every so often. I get in it, it starts and goes (like stink)

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I have everything but the Pertronix. My car is very reliable - you just have to take care of a few things every so often. I get in it, it starts and goes (like stink).

Mine has those things plus a 123 ignition, and I am eliminating the stinks one at a time

74 2002tii (Sputter) - Not entirely stock - Over 18K miles since full restoration in 2014

15 BMW X5 diesel (the bombed out roads of Houston finally won)