• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 2002 shell/roller

E39guy

Here's the story on this car. I got it from the guy I bought my yellow car from. The car was stripped and intended to be turned into a racecar. It was stripped on a rotisserie (I have the brackets) and primed in some goofy primer that needs to be removed but kept the car seemingly rust free.

That said there are some caveats here.

1) Trunk floor was welded up solid, no spare tire well or fuel tank well. He had intended to drop in a fuel cell which is actually installed in the car.

2) Removed the trough behind the heater box where the fresh air is normally drawn in.

3) Looks like it needs some apron work on the front headlight area where some rust was cut out but no metal was replaced.

4) Dents and dings from storage.

5) I don't have a title. Well I do have a title but it was written on but never titled by the PO so getting a new title could be a bit of a hassle..

Here are the bonuses and what you'd get

1) Rolling shell, yes suspension is there and I think brakes along with wheels. So its not totally immobile. Also has all steering gear installed.

2) I will include a hood, trunklid and complete doors. One door is rather ratty but could be repaired. The other parts seem to be in excellent shape.

3) Fuel cell is installed

4) No rust that I can find. The floor is insanely clean.

5) Windshield and rear glass included

Edited by E39guy

1974 Golf Yellow 2002 restoration under way!