• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

decent driver 2002

Bobdod04

Year:: 1972

Make:: BMW

Model:: 2002

Price:: 5000

Hey guys,

I'am new to this forum and to 2002s, but I've been lurking here for a bit, trying to get a little bit educated. I've decided that I want to learn how to drive stick (I am 29, so its about time) and pick up a "fun" classic car. After toying around with a few options, I think I've settled on a 2002. I am looking for something to drive around town every once in a while, as well as an occasional 35 mile commute, so it needs to be fairly reliable.

I am not looking for a mint/fully restored car, but something that runs well, doesn't have rust issues, and looks decent. I can do some minor repairs/maintenance in the drive way, but I am not looking for something that needs a lot of work. I have a full time job and am fixing up our 140 year old row home, so I just don't have time for a big project. I'd prefer a small/no bumper car, as thats what would fit in my small Philly garage (only ~14ft deep!). I like the look of the round tail lights, but won't be picky. A car with A/C would be a huge plus! I am trying to work with a ~$5k budget, so I realize my options will probably be limited. Let me know if you have something that might meet my needs, or come across something that would work for me. You can post here, or message me. Thanks, and I hope to soon be a part of this community.

• 4 weeks later...

Still looking?

74 2002. Solid drive train. New clutch. 30k on rebuilt engine. Brand new tires and steel wheels

Clean interior.

Paint is so so in places. Had been repainted and it is pealing in a few small places.

More to discuss if interested

Where is the car located?

Thanks for the links. I've seen these listed for sale previously, but Vermont and Pittsburgh are too far away from me. The Vermont car seems like it's pretty much what I am looking for, but again, it's too far and the owner says they won't ship.