• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super rare Watanabe Falcon steering wheel on my latest purchase

LimeySteve

I bought a 69 2002 yesterday & was intrigued by the steering wheel so thanks to Google I find out its a Watanabe RS Falcon wheel, one of 250 made in 1985 , popular with the Datsun crowd as Watanabe are a Japanese company, the wheel was made in Italy & is in perfect condition, it just is missing the Falcon script between the 2 notched holes, there is an NOS one on Ebay at the moment for $1000 !! I had already decided to replace it on the 69 with a stock wheel I have in stock, this is going on my 71 now , it's a lovely wheel .

Za6py1Z.jpg

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Thanks Ed, the wheel is worth more than I paid for the car !! crazy , it's a good job we make steering wheels & I'm an inquisitive collector, it was the quality that made me look deep into it's origins.

1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

I have what looks to be the same wheel on my 74' ..... I never looked into what it was, I’ll have to see if it’s the same. Mine also came with a wood cover. 

Yours looks Nicer, mine is definitely been used. I'll Post a Picture of the Wheel and Wood cover later in the week.

Thanks for the Info

...... Humm .. I Suppose it has been a while since my last post ..... I've got to figure out the image posting again in between the attacks by a two year old

IMG 0137

IMG 0136

Got It ......

I Still didn't  find any identifying marks....

Did you Find any? Perhaps under where the Hub Mounts. Mr. Limey?

Edited by JimSlay

1971 1600-2

1974 2002_Turd

1993 525it

2003 325i

That steering wheel looks very similar to the 350mm Momo Prototipo wheel.  I've always liked the looks of those, esspecially the flat (non-dished) ones.  Is the Falcon dished?

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Yes it's dished, I have it on my 71 daily driver & it's great , nice aluminum hub too, even the horn works :)