• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 2002tii project for sale

repoman

Year:: 1974

Make:: BMW

Model:: 2002tii

Price:: 7000

not mine...just passing it along...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5145347195.html

"Wow! Rare Barn find 1974 BMW 2002 Tii Matching Numbers Car. I consider this an excellent project Car to be given a full restoration. It is complete, very solid body, rails, frame. There is some surface rust build up, but no holes in the metal. Easily treatable & restorable. All interior is in place, engine an tranny are original. Car is not running, engine was unhooked to begin restoration but did turn and run prior to removal. These cars as projects are next to impossible to find, and once restored virtually not affordable. So here is your chance to own a rapidly appreciating Rare Classic BMW. I will not consider any offers below $7000! But will receive and consider all offers above $7000 for the next 72 hours. I will sell this car by 10:00am Friday at the very latest. If you have been searching to own a BMW 2002 Tii, simply make me an offer I can't refuse, and it is yours. The car is clear, and being sold with a Bill of sale. Thank you for you interest."

post-37126-0-75858800-1438126982_thumb.j

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

... This car is missing a lot, including the title. It will be sold on a bill of sale.

And the seller is struggling to find the right words for a car without a title, "The car is clear." What the hell does that mean for a car without a title?

But it's a tii and it's less than $38.5K, so it should sell easily ;-)

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Getting pretty sick of the gratuitous use of "barn find" in the used car world these days. Ya, there are some that are found in actual barns, apparently the term extends to crappy garages, parking structures storage units, parking lots etc., Sellers must think that by labeling it a "barn find" that it automatically adds value.  My car was kept in (and out adjacent to) a "carriage house" in up-state NY for a number of years, a fancy sort of barn I guess - I would never call it a barn find.

Back on subject, the whole way that he wrote up the description is sketchy.  IMO.  He got some bad info I think on a number of accounts.  Maybe he was thinking of early porsche 911s'???

Im pretty sure this guy bought this car recently from a guy here in georgia who had it sitting in his yard for quite awhile. Now he is just reselling it "as is" for a huge price increase because he thinks 2002tii's are gold no matter the condition (ok, yeah, they're pretty valuable, but not like this) His ad also makes him sound like a douche....