• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IE Big Brake Kit - Parking Brake Issue

cbesing

Hi,

Please see picture.  As you can see, there is very little throw for the parking brake, only 1/2" before lever contacts hub.  I noticed that the bracket (circled in red) is longer on the stock brake and would create much more throw.

Has anyone had issues with the IE big brake install. Does this look right? Should I use the stock piece?

Thanks for all the advise

Chrispost-46234-0-80024000-1438458595_thumb.j

Then you might have to wait for a proper reply during standard buisness hours. I don't mean this personally because you are looking for a solution, but, I find it unfortunate that this forum has become a tech support venue for Ireland Engineering. On the flip side it has also become a bitching zone about them and their products when it could have been addressed by them initially if given the chance.

Since Ireland Engineering has been around for some time I'm sure there is also at least one thread pertaining to their BBK installation if you use the search function.

Good luck

Edited by dar_on_

I had the exact same problem among others for the parts I got from IE. Didn't feel like dealing with the cont. problems so I had Blunt send me the right thrust rod and brake shoes. It does need to be longer you are correct. The stock one is too long. When you have the right part you will find out that there is no spacers on the shoes that IE supplies and that the parking brake lever will make contact with the spring. IE did send out new shoes but that was after telling me to bend the bracket to fit. I won't get into an IE debate buts lets say you get the right parts from Blunt and his service is excellent. Good Luck with the project.

Edited by GirtAllerton

Not to get into Ireland sucks or Ireland is amazing...they sent me all the correct parts for the rear upgrade, and actually Andrew took the Turbo brake cable off his car to make sure I was up and running as quick as possible as they didn't have any more in stock.  Great customer service.  

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Final update on brake issue. I talked with Andrew at IE and we determined that the trust rod was 3/4"'shorter than required. They are sending new ones out today. I know there is a lot of negative IE stuff, but Andrew was very helpful and responsive. They need more of him, that's for sure.

Thanks to all.