• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

20 years without a 2002

david02

Got her detailed and WOW what a difference.  Elite motorcar polishing in Reseda, CA. 

There were some things that could have been more thorough, but for $200 and a couple of hours without the car I couldn't imagine a better job being done.

I have a new chrome front bumper and grill coming (can't see in the photo, but bumper has a couple rust spots and the kidney grill has some dents in it).

Fiberglass rear bumper I sanded down and plastidipped for now, but I'll have a chrome one coming shortly. 

Got a retrosound stereo on an amazon gliche nearly for free.  That goes in tomorrow.  Might need some more speakers after that (just have the tiny front ones)  Any suggestions?   I don't want to cut up my door panels or rear deck....   Under seat or behind seat stuff maybe?

Then the only thing I think she really needs is maybe a restuffing of the seats, but it's not too bad now. 

post-49199-0-01427100-1440916349_thumb.j

'74 2002

So much $$ though.   I think I'll get some 6x9 boxes and put them behind the seat to start...      Maybe think about this if I get frustrated with the tiny front dash speakers.   I'm not too crazy about losing the leg room either.  Stopped by a stereo shop today and they couldn't think of anything better either. 

btw.... I have a vintage blaupunkt frankfurt for sale now.  It was refurbished and looks beautiful.  Everything functions, but the radio cuts out after a few minutes.  It can be fixed... local shop quoted me $200, but I'm sure someone can do it cheaper. 

Car looks great!

Check out FAQ member eurotrash's shop. He sells some audio solutions for you.

http://boltonbliss.bigcartel.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'74 2002