• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'72 Baikal tii with Delia at Legends of the Autobahn this Friday. Wish I could be there...

COOP

I've never been so lucky as to attend this event and, alas, I won't get to go this time either...but a consolation is that our own Delia will be driving/showing the Baikal '72 tii there, complete with (not reflected in the photo below) newly show-chromed bumpers, Petri 380 mm wheel, refurbished clock & instrument cluster, new chrome/rubber around the rear-side glass and freshly upholstered trunk among a host of other tweaks made since the May 02 Fest. I'm grateful to JP & Delia who have been working diligently on the car over the past two months to get all the little details right...and also quite jealous that Delia will be driving the car far more miles than I've had the chance to since the restoration. Anyways, please do stop by and say hello to Delia and the tii if you're there, and I hope it's a fantastic day...

COOP

post-46406-0-93854500-1439274033_thumb.j

Edited by COOP

Never been myself, which is really kind of inexcusable given how close I live, but going to hit legends on Friday for a bit and then over to the track.  Starting already to feel the pressure for next years (a sh*t load of work to do on my car and time fly's by).

I counted ZERO o2's racing this year, several CSL's, an M1 and Henry Schmitt's 32o Turbo - assuming that the rumor's are true and BmW is the featured marque next year, it should be a whole different deal (as far as BmW's competing)

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com

Hi COOP!

I've been following your story with this tii re-restoration on the FAQ and it's turned out to be an amazing example of an original tii resurrected!

Kudos to Delia and A1 for helping you achieve your dream!

I am looking forward to seeing your tii at LOTA! Perhaps you'll see Tesoro at next years LOTA! 

Lisa 02princess -  SF Bay Area

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

instagram: MotoLisa.02P

the completed car

Hi Paul..That's because I haven't gotten it back yet completed!  It was "kind of completed" at the Bay Area 02 Fest West in early May, but it went back in two months ago for all of the items that I mentoned above, and a whole laundry list of other little things.  It's now finished (well, are they ever?!) and Delia will be driving it down to Monterey early Friday morning.  I hope to have lots of great pictures from the show and will share next week...

Thanks,

COOP

Wow, good looking end result!

Bravo to JP, Delia, and you, Coop, for dialing this one in.

I'll look for this beauty in Monterey.

Cheers!

Jim H

Thank you!

COOP

Perhaps you'll see Tesoro

Thank you Lisa!  Can't wait to experience your prime Tesoro!  Hope it's soon...

COOP