• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB BHS type 27 6 x 13 wheels

Magoo02

If the BHS type 27 is the 20 spoke Alpina copy wheel then I have one available.  However, it is not stamped BHS, it is stamped ITALA.  These wheels were all the same except for the name in the lug center.  There were OZ, MSW, Itala, and BHS that used the same casting with the exception of the name cast into the lug center.  I can email pictures to you if you are interested.  Located in Vacaville,CA.  shermanmartinez at Hotmail dot com

Thanks for getting back to me. I have three of the BHS wheels and the fourth looks similar but has a raised edges on all the spokes. I am interested in the wheels you guys have. I am unsure of the offset so I will have to measure that. Please let me know how you would like to proceed I would take a couple of wheels so I can build a good set and get them refinished.

sherman sent an email.

desilejf at yahoo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Magoo02,

I am looking for the same wheel as you. The BHS type 27A, I have three good wheels and my 4th is bent. I have been thinking about getting it straightened, if possible. I would sell my 3 good ones for a set of minilite's or something similar?

Edited by Idaho_2002

Hi Lapis Blue,

Close but it is a little different, if you look closely at the spokes yours has sharp bevels on each side, the BHS wheel is mostly rounded.  You will also notice the ring in the center is flush on mine and raised on yours.  The center hub on the BHS is raised an inch or so also, am thinking yours is flush.  Next to one of the small holes between the holes where the wheel studs run through it says BHS TYP 27A.  Bet that is the 4th wheel that Magoo02 has that does not quite match.  Thanks for submitting the pic, I or Magoo02 would definately buy it from you if it was a BHS wheel!

Hi Guys: Yes Lapis Blue's wheel is like my stray. Between the one I have, Lapis's wheel and one on ebay I am thinking one could put a set of those wheels together fairly fast and cheap. $85 for the one on ebay.

My BHS wheels arent really that cherry either, I can make them look perfect again but they wont take powder coat. I really like the looks of the wheels that the Germans are listing. The $395 shipping charge is troubling but the Turbo wheel set is calling to me.

Back to finishing up the seals in the gearbox and differential and getting the new driveline in.

Found some more interesting info about these BHS wheels, they were distributed in Germany by a company named CONOS Handelsgesellschaft.

But they were manufactured in Italy, initially by R&G and eventually by OZ wheels.  That may be why they are so hard to find, not sure how many made it here to the US?