• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turbo red gauge panel color

cbesing

You can't use photos on the internet passed through multiple different devices with different color settings to say one way or the other that a color is a perfect match.  I find it amazing how these things change color over time though.  Mine is a very dark red now.  I wonder what causes that.

1973 2002 tii

1974 2002 turbo

I attached a picture of my cluster, with and without flash. What I think happens is the red pigment dissipates and turns brown. I also attached a chart of reds and it seems to me that the closest color on the chart is just red. It seems closest to the one above, at least to me. 

Does anyone know if the bezel separates easily from the cluster and if yes, how? Thanks.

image.png.0e76151245292cba8e429031d324dc8f.png

IMG_8579.JPG

IMG_8578.JPG

9 hours ago, frached said:

Does anyone know if the bezel separates easily from the cluster and if yes, how? Thanks.

You should be able to pry it off like the later plastic wood-grain piece, as seen on the first page of this thread.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif