• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do I find this front air dam?

SkidMarc

Those were fitted to 3 special 2002s ordered by Max Hoffman for car shows. Here are some shots of the air dam up close I took at The Vintage in NC in 2011 of one of the cars.

post-38744-0-11500900-1440495773_thumb.j

post-38744-0-71669300-1440495802_thumb.j

post-38744-0-60073200-1440495839_thumb.j

Do not know where to find one for a 2002. May have to have one fabricated out of fiberglass. These air dams are available for CS coupes through VSR1.com, I have one on my CSi.

post-38744-0-01936600-1440496201_thumb.j

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Thanks Andrew,

I actually purchased one locally recently off Craig's List. It's for an E9. Man is it a STOUT piece!  I took it to the body shop this past weekend and, not surprisingly, it's way too big, even to be used with flares. If I don't find a suitable one, I'll modify this one to be used as a plug for a lighter production one.  That's the plan. We'll see.

Marc

Edited by SkidMarc

Wallothnesch sells them for EUR 316,00 + shipping, however they have the rectangular brake duct openings.  I haven't ever seen one of those front spoilers with the round style like the one of three car.  A good fiberglass guy (actually an average fiberglass guy) can cut the rectangular openings out, patch and fabricate/install the round style with very little trouble.  My guess is that this is the best route to go if you HAVE to HAVE one of these.  There was someone here on the board that had molded up some of these from an original, but again no round style brake duct, I want to say those were $225 US + Shipping.  Not sure if he is still doing that or has any available (Dave was it?)

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com

Dave (dapbmw) makes the Alpina air dam with rectangular ducts if you go that way. He used an authentic Alpina airdam to make his mold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was Dave, who knows he might be able to block off the part of the mold where the brake ducts are and pull you a clean faced spoiler with no air ducts, then either you or your fiberglass guy could add the round style ducts in....

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com