• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Center console ash tray/w button pannel and ti air cleaner

ScottCLo

I sold my lotus the and got a 1973 Verona red 2002. The previous owners did some less than desirable "upgrades" so i'm in need of rear side panels and a center console ash tray. World upholstery has reproduction front door panels, seats covers and carpets but i cant stand the $5 speakers stuck in the rear panels and was wondering if anyone had a set. It has a brown interior, i think they called it saddle brown in 73. Its also running a progressive weber that i'm not too fond of. I have a Solex side draft set out of a ti that i would like restore and use but unfortunately i'm missing the air cleaner box. If anyone has something or knows a good source for these parts please let me know. 

Edit: Just to clarify i am looking for a matching ash try and button panel that is in good condition. Something like this.

e1Bun6P.jpg

Edited by zoboomafoo

I have a center console, needs to be recovered yet the particle board is solid. Have the switch and ashtray piece but no ash tray. $20+shipping PM if interested.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

FYI, I don't think a Verona car would not have come with a Saddle Brown interior--it would have been black.  Saddle interiors came on Agave, Sahara, Nevada and Malaga cars.  So either the car's color has been changed, or the interior has.  And AFAIK, the World Upholstery kits are for squarelight cars, whose seat upholstery and door panels are decidedly different from roundies.  

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

FYI, I don't think a Verona car would not have come with a Saddle Brown interior--it would have been black.  Saddle interiors came on Agave, Sahara, Nevada and Malaga cars.  So either the car's color has been changed, or the interior has.  And AFAIK, the World Upholstery kits are for squarelight cars, whose seat upholstery and door panels are decidedly different from roundies.  

cheers

mike

Oh good to know. I saw a Verona online with a brown interior so assumed it was was option. I ordered The Restorer's Reference 2002 1968-1976 on amazon so hopefully it goes into detail about this. It was repainted metallic orange but I'm fairly cretin its was Verona originally. I cleaned a good 40 years worth of road dirt out of the front fender wells today and discovered perfectly preserved original paint underneath. I cant wait to drive it tomorrow after i get suspension back in! There where no bushings left at all when i got it :blink:

Edit:

It was malaga red, my monitor at work made it look really light. My car also says verona under the hood.

Edited by zoboomafoo

here's the ashtray if you still need it.  will go check shed for tii air cleaner if you write back.  5 bucks plus shipping for ashtrayattachicon.gifDSCN1862.JPG

Hmmm i was looking for something a little nicer. I don't want to buy the ashtray and the button panel separably as the conditions will be different and it would look funny. Im willing to pay what it takes for a nice one. Also i was trying to find a ti air cleaner that hooks up to the ti's twin solex corroborators.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh good to know. I saw a Verona online with a brown interior so assumed it was was option. I ordered The Restorer's Reference 2002 1968-1976 on amazon so hopefully it goes into detail about this. It was repainted metallic orange but I'm fairly cretin its was Verona originally. I cleaned a good 40 years worth of road dirt out of the front fender wells today and discovered perfectly preserved original paint underneath. I cant wait to drive it tomorrow after i get suspension back in! There where no bushings left at all when i got it :blink:

Edit:

It was malaga red, my monitor at work made it look really light. My car also says verona under the hood.

Send an email with your car's VIN to BMW Archives (info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com) and they will confirm the factory body color and the manufacturing date (along with the date that legal title passed from BMW to Hoffman Motors, as sole U.S. importer), at no charge, often within 24 hours.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)